Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Clouds as dark as my anger
Rain thats as cold as ice
A wetness that envelops you
I shiver and remember the lies

You lied to me when you told me
Forever is ours to live,
You lied to me when you told me
All you said you were going to give.

You ask me to forgive you
To take you back in my arms
My heart is like stone and fire
It doesnt succumb to your charms

Then a voice from way beyond us
Speaks to me as if from a dream
It tells me that I can do better
That things are not as bad as they seem

I stop for a moment and wonder
Is this really a sin so bad
A sin that could not be forgiven
A sin that can erase all we had.

I surrender my soul to beauty
To love and to all things pure
I decide to let it all be over
I decide let our hearts soar.

Love again begins to shimmer,
You can see it light up my eyes
I look up again and remember
I remember to forgive all the lies.

Forgiveness is like the light
That shines from between the clouds
Forgiveness is like soft rain
That showers from heavens above


-composed by a friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home